|verb||to have enough money to be able to buy something|
|how to use||often used with the verb ‘can’:|
can afford something; can’t afford something;
can / can’t afford to do something
|examples||1. I can’t afford to buy the car – it costs $10,000 and I only have $8000.|
2. We can’t afford new office furniture.
|verb||to take something from someone while agreeing to return it at a later time or date|
|how to use||borrow something; borrow something from somebody|
|examples||1. We borrowed money from the bank.|
2. Can I borrow $10, John? I’ll pay you back next week.
|verb||to give something to someone with the agreement that he/she will return it after a certain time|
|how to use||lend something to someone; lend someone something|
irregular verb: lend, lent, lent
|examples||1. We lent £1000 to John and £2000 to Peter.|
2. The bank lent me $12,000.
|verb||to send a bill to someone in the form of an invoice|
|how to use||invoice for something; invoice someone (for something)|
|examples||1. We invoiced them $40 for the books.|
2. We haven’t invoiced you for the goods yet.
|verb||to have to pay for something which has already been given or done|
|how to use||owe something to someone; owe someone something|
|examples||1. They owe us more than €50,000.|
2. He owes us an apology.
0 of 1 Domande completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
È necessario innanzitutto completare quanto segue:
0 of 1 Domande answered correctly
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Riempi gli spazi bianchi in modo da creare frasi di senso compiuto!
1. Our business needed money so we from the bank.
2. We’ve repaid almost 50% of the loan. However, we still over $50,000.
3. Last Christmas, my friend me $500 because I didn’t have any money to buy presents.
4. They’ve lowered the price of the product because the average customer it.
5. You shouldn’t money if you know you can’t pay it back.
6. We the client a month ago, but he still hasn’t paid us.
7. The company owes over $10,000 .
8. How much did we invoice them ?
9. Can you me some money until I get paid next week?
10. How much do you owe ? (he)